We had a great summer. Now that the kids are back in school, I've been reminiscing about the good old days of summer. I miss it already. I'm not much for schedules and homework and really anything that requires effort. But here are a few of our summer highlights:
River rafting on the Salmon river in Idaho. The water was like this almost the whole way.
The twelve mile mountain bike ride we took in the Sawtooth Mountains of Idaho. This ride was amazing through boulders and streams, along cliff edges, through bogs and beautiful meadows. Best mountain bike trail we've ever been on.
Fun in the boat at Tahoe! "Cliff" jumping in Emerald Bay. Eating crawdads--that was the kids, not me!
Kathryn's family night. It was so good, I did the same one at Hebgen. Plus, they gave me 5 minutes to come up with a lesson, so...
Chatting with family around the pool at Tahoe Taverns (or was it Shores?). For some reason, it's easier to talk about stuff when your sitting next to the pool.
Favorite things. It's like Christmas in July!
Watching a pack of wolves laze in the afternoon shade, then get up and head out for a hunt in Yellowstone Park.
Trying to get the car close enough to a bison to let Brady touch it from the window. Scary!
Listening to Coyotes howling while lying in bed at night, reading a good book--"Wolves, Boys, and Other Things that might Kill Me" by Kristen Chandler, long time summer resident of West Yellowstone. Maybe not the best book ever, but very appropriate for a Hebgen read.
Holding my niece's baby, Cole. He's 8 months old and unbelievably cute! Lauren, I guess you're next!?
Hebgen hair wraps. I got very good at doing hair wraps. I'll bring the stuff to Tahoe next year. Nothing says, "I'm relaxing" more than a hair wrap. That and the extra 10 pounds gained from eating crap for three months.
I miss summer.
Sigh... I guess I'll just go clean the bathrooms or something.
Julie
I love Maren's face in that picture! Thanks again for doing this -- I love your summer favorites! As of yet -- I have not blogged, but I'm with you -- hoping this will help our family stay connected. So come one everyone -- let's get this going!
ReplyDeleteLove the list of favorites...those are some pretty great memories! The river pictures is the absolute best! I really admire all the memories and experiences you and Dave work at creating for your family.
ReplyDelete